–Athlete Insurance Form
–Athlete Physical Form
–Medical Forms Website
–ADD/ADHD Medication Letter
Staff Sports Assignments
–Scott Bierscheid, Head Certified Athletic Trainer (football, basketball, baseball, swimming, golf, tennis)
–Holly Blenker, Assistant Certified Athletic Trainer (football, hockey, baseball)
–Lindsay Voigt, Assistant Certified Athletic Trainer (soccer, basketball, cross country, indoor/outdoor track)
–Justin Rost, Assistant Athletic Trainer/Head Strength & Conditioning Coach (football, wrestling)
-Corinne Meisel, Physical Therapist
The Saint John’s athletic training room will provide high-quality care in a comfortable, professional environment for all 11 intercollegiate athletic teams, and all club and intramural sports at SJU. This medical care includes, but is not limited to, the prevention, evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation and education for all student-athletes at SJU.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Certified Athletic Trainers
A certified athletic trainer is nationally certified under the National Athletic Trainer’s Association Board of Certification. SJU’s certified athletic trainers provide the following services: prevention, recognition, evaluation and assessment of athletic injuries; to treat, rehabilitate, and recondition injuries; and manage health care administration/inventory.
The SJU Sports Medicine staff consists of four Certified Athletic Trainers (ATCs), and approximately 15 Sports Medicine Assistants (SMAs). Our staff provides on-site medical coverage to our intercollegiate practices, game/meets and home club sport contests.
The SJU athletic trainers work closely with the physical therapist at NovaCare Rehabilitation and with the orthopedic surgeons from St. Cloud Orthopedics to ensure that each student-athlete is receiving the proper treatment. The athletic trainers may refer student-athletes to general practitioners or medical specialists per circumstances.
All intercollegiate student-athletes are required to take care of the following THREE items:
1. Front Rush
2. Physical Examination Evaluation (see above, under Forms)
3. SportsWare Online Medical Information (see above, under Forms)
• Front Rush:
- New and Returning NCAA and Club student-athletes will be getting an email from their head coach with information to complete the Front Rush forms.
- Please complete all forms on Front Rush as soon as you receive that email.
- You will NOT practice if these forms are not completed.
• Physical Examination Evaluation:
- Freshmen or transfer student-athletes will need to have a pre-participation physical completed in order to complete the “Physical Examination Evaluation” portion of the requirements.
- Please contact your primary care provider as soon as possible to schedule this appointment.
- Please note: if you decide to waive the Sickle Cell Trait test, you will receive the waiver form in Front Rush.
- Returning NCAA student-athletes that participated at SJU last year, do NOT need a new Physical Evaluation completed.
• SportsWare Online Medical Information:
- Freshmen or transfer student-athletes are required to enter certain information to an online portal (SportsWare Online). This is an electronic medical system for the SJU Sports Medicine Department.
- Returning NCAA student-athletes should already have a SportsWare account – therefore, it is not necessary to make a new account. Changes/updates can be made to individual accounts at any time.
All physician referrals are to be approved by a member of the Saint John’s University Sports Medicine staff in advance. All office visits, x-rays, MRIs and surgeries will be scheduled by the SJU Sports Medicine staff. SJU Sports Medicine and the Saint John’s University athletic department are not financially responsible for any medical treatments such as but not limited to: diagnostic testing, physical therapy, imaging/x-ray/MRI, or surgical procedures.
Partnership with NovaCare Rehabilitation
Holly Blenker and Lindsay Voigt are employees of NovaCare that work directly with the student-athletes at Saint John’s University. There is a NovaCare clinic on campus that provides free injury screens to all students in the morning as well as athletic training services to intercollegiate and club sport athletes.
SJU Sports Medicine staff will provide treatment and/or referral for any non-athletic injury or illness. Examples of non-athletic injuries are injuries suffered during out of season/sport play, summer league play, unsupervised workouts/practices or while working athletic camps. SJU Sports Medicine and the Saint John’s University athletic department are not responsible for payment of medical bills associated with non-athletic injuries or illnesses.
ATC will be on the sidelines for baseball, basketball, football, hockey, soccer, wrestling, swimming & diving, cross country and track & field
ATC will be on call for golf and tennis (location may be subject to change per circumstances)
Athletic Training Room Hours
Monday – Friday: 2-7 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday: Per practice and game/meet schedule, or by appointment
Holiday hours will be scheduled according to the needs of the in-season sport/s.
If there is a conflict during these times, please contact a certified athletic trainer to set up an appointment.
AWAY TEAM INFORMATION
On behalf of the Saint John’s University Athletic Department, we would like to welcome you to Collegeville. To make your trip is as smooth as possible; the following information is included so you know what will be provided for you and available for your use:
Equipment & supplies available for on-campus, varsity events:
AED, Vacuum Splints/ Immobilizers, Backboard, EMS on Call, Biohazard and Sharps Containers, Coolers of Water, Ice and Ice Bags, Ultrasound & Electrical Stimulation Machine, Hydrocollator and Whirlpools
Other items available upon request (i.e. towels, crutches, etc.).
The Saint John’s University Athletic Training Staff is happy to assist visiting teams that may be traveling without a certified athletic trainer with pre- or post-game/meet treatments. We greatly appreciate an email or written request for treatments traveling teams may need
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call/email at any time.
ADDITIONAL CONTACT INFORMATION
Athletic Training Room
Saint John’s University
2585 Abbey Road
Collegeville, MN 56321
St. Cloud Hospital
1406 6th Ave. N.
St. Cloud, MN 56303
SJU Life Safety at #2144 on campus or dial #9-911.
if (!(“sidearmComponents” in window))
window.sidearmComponents = ;
Thanks for visiting !
The use of software that blocks ads hinders our ability to serve you the content you came here to enjoy.
We ask that you consider turning off your ad blocker so we can deliver you the best experience possible while you are here.
Thank you for your support!